Thursday, March 12, 2009

Some stitching! And knitting?



Yep thats right you read correctly! I always love the way knitted stuff comes out but I never have the patience to sit and knit, nothing would ever be completed so about a month ago I ordered this adult knitting machine and yesterday it came in. You just load the yarn onto the hooks and turn the handle and it knits for you! Easy right? Well I grabbed an extra skein of yarn I had lying around for ages and did the beginners pattern for a scarf and I finished it with a simple gathered ends. Kiley decided to model it for me and thats closer to the actual color than the one when I layed it out on the chair. It took me about 2 hours to knit and finish this.
And here is my Fair and Square Easter round from Barbara CL. Isn't it cute? Thanks Barbara! And below is my new hair style! On the 10th I went in and had it cut and highlighted and low lighted and she showed me how to curl it with a flat iron! I was shocked and amazed as my hair never stays curled and this way it stayed for like 24 hours. This is after the curls were coming out and I had been hailed and rained on. I forgot to tell DH to take a pic of me when I came home after getting it done. She cut nearly 10 inches off my hair and thinned it out for me as it was super thick. I love it! Sorry for the crap pic though
Batista went to the vet yesterday too and he was weighed in at 30 lbs! Thats a gain of 7 lbs in 2 weeks. He was still a bit ill and turns out he needed antibiotics so he is on them for 5 days twice a day. He sleeps more since we started his meds yesterday. He also got his 2nd round of shots needed and he goes back at the end of the month for his 3rd round and also his rabies vaccine which will last him 3 years.

Also GREAT NEWS!!! My mom is coming up this June to visit for 3 weeks! I haven't seen her in 3 years so it will be great to see her again. We will be traveling the country side and enjoying the sites with her and the girls.

Well, I am off to play with my knitting machine again. Happy Stitching!

6 comments on "Some stitching! And knitting?"

Chiloe on Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:02:00 AM said...

You are a cutie ;-) (with or without the cruls !!! lol)

Chiloe on Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:02:00 AM said...

BTW, you will be able to take the dog with you in the uS when you'll move back?

Yoyo on Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:24:00 PM said...

Geeze, it takes me weeks to make one little 'ol scarf.... I better find one of those gizmos (LOL). Nice hair style. The Easter Squares are darling. The doggie has to do quarantine, but they'll let you bring him.

CindyMae on Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:41:00 PM said...

Kiley looks so cute modeling the scarf! The scarf turned out great, I love it! I also love the square! How cute it is. You hair looks fabulous!! I miss long hair!!! That is great news about you mom coming! I am sure that you will all enjoy that time!!

stitcherw on Friday, March 13, 2009 6:49:00 PM said...

The scarf looks great, and your little model looks like she enjoyed showing it off for you. :)

Love the hair, great cut. Your earlier pictures were such fun to see. The cheerleading ones were great, and that was so nice they let the girls have their picture together so you could get the one packet. Their picture turned out wonderfully. Fantastic news on your moms upcoming visit too, I'm sure you'll have a grand time.
Sue

Dawn B. on Saturday, March 14, 2009 5:11:00 AM said...

Love the new look..& I know you must be thrilled with it. Love the scarf you made and the little purse in the last post.The gift came and I sent you an e-mail. Thanks so much.

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez