Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An award! And some other life stuff



First I received an award from Lynda for Kreativ Blogger. It completely surprised me. Did I mention I love surprises? Thank you Lynda!

There are rules to the Kreativ Blooger award:
1. Copy the Kreativ Blogger Award into your blog
2. Make a link to the person's blog who nominated you
3. Nominate eight (8) other blogs
4. Add their links to your blog
5. Leave a comment on the blogs that you nominated telling them that you have sent them an award


So the eight blogs I am nominating are:

1. Paulette
2. Felicity
3. Vonna
4. Chiloe
5. Heather
6. Sandy
7. Stitcherw
8. Michele


I haven't stitched, or crocheted, or anything of the sort this week. Kiley has had a bad cold lately. And as you all know when little ones are sick they need their mommy so she has been in my lap most of the week. Monday night I was itching to start something new but not too big so I had pulled out the Garden Stitching chair, the second in the series by Cats Whiskers. Anyway I charted out the pieces on the fabric so its all lined out but then the thought of stitching the flowers was just blah! So I folded the piece up and tucked it away and haven't touched a thing since. I now have little Kiley's cold as well and with temperatures dropping and it now snowing once again, it just plain sucks! To add to it all I have a HUGE migraine today and Destiny has so much going on with Brownie scouts these last few weeks, I feel I am never home.

Our FRG is also holding a celebration for woman's month tomorrow and it is mandatory for all soldiers so after Destiny's meeting tomorrow DH will pick us up and off we will go to that. Thankfully food will be served and so I can at least feed the kids while we are there.

Today I got some laundry done and started spring cleaning. I spent my entire morning cleaning every nook and cranny in my kitchen. I never realized how much gets neglected on a day to day basis. Anyway housing sent someone over today to take a look at my stove and it turned out that the hot plates were faulty so he replaced all four of them for me and did a safety check to make sure all else was ok and it was. Yesterday I cleaned the inside of the oven which it needed desperately because I hadn't ever cleaned it in all the years before. I hate cleaning the oven really! I would rather watch paint dry, LOL. But I found thisa stuff you spray on and leave for 2 hours and then you just wipe it out. I had to do it twice for my oven and now its all pretty again! Though the bottom has this black stuff that is caked on that just wont come off, it was there when we moved in. I may have to get a screwdriver or a chisel and try and get rid of it, lol.

Tomorrow an electrician should be here to repair a few of my lights. They never showed yesterday and housing says they have no idea what happened but rescheduled me for tomorrow.

Anyway, if you have read this far, bravo! And thanks for reading through all my mess of issues. ^_^

EDITED TO ADD: While waiting for DH to arrive home, Destiny returned from Brownie scouts with a new purse and Kiley was heart broken she didn't have one too so I went digging and found this wood purse box I had. So since my little one is Tinkerbell crazy, I drew and painted Tinkerbell on for her. She was so excited that I didn't get a chance to do anything with the inside or anything more to the outside. She barely let the paint dry before whisking it away! LOL Perhaps tomorrow she will let me do more with it. But here it is anyway. Please forgive her dirty face as she just had snack.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I still have to order some handles or create some for it. The green dress and shoes are metallic so they sparkle and the blue is a pearlescent color. I dont know where the dark line across her legs came from but its not actually there.

5 comments on "An award! And some other life stuff"

Vonna Pfeiffer on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:16:00 AM said...

Thank you so much Heidi :)
I think you are a Kreativ Blogger too! Hugs!
Vonna

AngelSan on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:15:00 AM said...

didn't know I was "Sandy"? My name is "Sandrine", or "San" to be simpler... ;)
Thank you so much for the award !!!
big hugs

Paulette on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:48:00 PM said...

Heidi,

What a perfect gift for Kiley! I'm glad she liked it so much - you did a great job on it!

Thank you VERY much for the award! What an honor! And one that YOU deserved, I must say! :)

Paulette

CindyMae on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:33:00 PM said...

I hope that Kiley gets to feeling better soon! You done an amazing job with Tinker!!! That turned out so great, no wonder she is so proud of it!

Yoyo on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:18:00 PM said...

Hope everybody gets well soon, never fun to have a cold. Darling little purse. I cut up an old belt once and stapled it on as a handle???

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez