Friday, March 27, 2009

MLOTS and a HUGE favor to ask



Okay so after seeing Felicity's beautiful mermaid yesterday it made me feel guilty for not continuing to work on MLOTS and it also gave me the motivation I needed to pull her off the shelf and get working on her. So i got in several stitches while watching Pirates of the Caribbean At worlds end for like the millionth time. Don't ask what my obsession is with that movie but to me its a good noise maker while I stitch away. Plus I like the pirate song, LOL. Okay back to MLOTS, I am debating about doing all the beading on her arm and then doing her hand or if I should continue the stitching of her cape. I guess I will stitch her cape and when I get bored I will go to the beading and that should mix things up a bit. I looked in my WIP folder and the first picture I took of this was Feb 4, 2008! I was in shock I had been working on her this long. I really need to get her completed.


I was going through my stash a few weeks ago and found tons of old WIP's that had become UFO's and no longer held my interest along with aida cloth that I really did not want anymore as I am absolutely in love with linen period. So i packed it all away and $15 USD in postage later my older sis had some new to her stash. Most of the aida was still new in package. Her budget is zero right now so I felt she needed a stash boost. She loses her internet today as well. She is the one I told you all is pregnant with her first kid. Found out its due on Halloween! The economy is so hard right now that she is having some serious issues finding a job, her bf works a lot but is still having issues making ends meet. They have to move to a more child friendly place too as they live in a tiny tiny 1 bedroom apartment. She has WIC to help a little bit but food stamps claims she makes too much money for any kind of help.


Okay anyway. Thanks for reading about my sob story about my sis. I am going to work on MLOTS while I still have some great lighting in the house even with all the rain and clouds, their thin clouds today. ^_^



Oh! Quick question. Here is my HUGE favor I am asking all of you fellow stitchers. My sister is a fellow stitcher, just about as long as I am. Anyway her baby theme is going to be precious moments and I was thinking of making her a baby quilt for the crib. Would anyone be interested in stitching one square for her baby quilt? The squares will be 6 x 6 inches. If there is enough interest then I'll post more on it. The deadline to receive the squares wouldn't be until October 1st, 2009 as that would still give me enough time to sew it together and mail it to her.

EDITED TO ADD: For the baby quilt, here are the guidelines:

* Neutral Linen only please (white, off-white, creme)
* square needs to be 6 inches x 6 inches
* You can stitch any Precious moments design on the square
* Leave a 1/2 inch seam all around please
* Also please add your name and state/Country (I think she would love to know all the special stitchers who stitched a square for her baby blanket)
* I need to receive squares by October 01, 2009 to leave me enough time to put the blanket together
* Let's try and not have repeat squares also. So anyone who wishes to stitch a square, if you leave your name and the name of the pattern you are stitching on this post only or email it to me with Precious Moments Quilt in the subject line, then I will post a list in the sidebar with the info so as to avoid repeat squares.

*Free Precious Moments Patterns here
* Also patternsonline has a bunch of precious moments patterns for cheap.

If you have any questions please let me know. I know Gloria and Pat(link above) have some free patterns on their website if anyone does not have a Precious Moments pattern.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS WILLING TO STITCH A SQUARE FOR MY SISTERS BABY QUILT. IF YOU CAN'T OR DON'T WANT TO STITCH A SQUARE BUT WANT TO HELP YOU CAN SEND ME $1 THROUGH MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT (HERCULESORXENA69 AT AOL DOT COM) AND IT WILL GO TOWARDS GETTING HER SOME OTHER THINGS NEEDED FOR THE BABY.

Happy Stitching!

Chiloe: I do have some charts but I am not sure if i could legally send you even a working copy so thats why I went ahead and left some links to where you could get a pattern.

4 comments on "MLOTS and a HUGE favor to ask"

Lillie on Friday, March 27, 2009 4:36:00 AM said...

MLOTS is a fab. More details on this quilt for your sis please?

Chiloe on Friday, March 27, 2009 6:41:00 AM said...

I may help for your sister but I need more details also: is it to be stitched on linen? WIll you provide the charts? Let us know ;-)

CindyMae on Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:47:00 AM said...

I love that piece and am glad that you are working on it again as I will enjoy watching it grow. Don't worry, I like Pirates of the Caribbean as well! :) That is so sweet of you to send all that to your sis and I am sure that she will love it! I wish that I could help with the quilt but here lately I hardly have time to stitch and I have so many exchanges that I better not commit to anything else. By the time I stitched my piece the baby would probably already be 3 years old! LOL I do hope that you find lots of people who do have the time though!!

Cindy B on Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:50:00 AM said...

Hello I would love to do a square for your sister but I never worked on Linen.

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez