Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lots of Pictures


Sorry I haven't blogged in a bit, This past week was one long migraine, I spent a lot of it in the dark unable to do anything but hope the pain meds kicked in soon. Heres what I completed last Tuesday of My Lady Of Snow. And then I got bored of all the grey and decided I best complete my Mothers Day gifts so I can mail them out with the package I have ready to mail to my family in Cheyenne. I want to mail it out on April 1st so I had to get busy. The pincushion below is for my mother and since my little sister Heather is a mommy for 5 years now, I had this urge to stitch her something as well. So i had this froggy fabric screaming to be used for something for her and since she is a fellow cross stitcher (no blog) I made her an Altoid Tin using a freebie pattern that I redesigned to fit the cover and then added flowers instead of the bees used. I have included for her some purple scissors and a gold needle. Please look at the inside photo, I put the frog fabric along the sides of the inside too. Has anyone else ever done this? I'm sending them some other things but I just took pictures of the stitched items.



Mothers Day Pincushion
Winter Roses - Garden Roses
By Ursula Michael
Started: March 18, 2008
Completed: March 20, 2008
Finished: March 25, 2008
32 count Lugana Hand dyed fabric
(Its a purple and pink mix but the camera doesn't pick it up for some reason)

Casey Buonaugurio Designs Frog Biscournu Freebie

Started: March 20, 2008

Completed and Finished: March 25, 2008
32 count Lugana Hand dyed fabric, same as above.

I am not sure why my camera doesn't pick up the colors in this fabric.

How was everyones Easter? I hope you all had fun. Mine was okay. The kids had a blast. Saturday we had an Easter egg hunt at a friends house but since it was snowing the hunt was indoors. They smoked inside their house so my allergies went crazy. They invited us over the next day for easter dinner and since I knew there would be a baby there, I didn't stress over the allergies since they won't smoke inside with a baby there. It took me all the rest of saturday and half of Sunday to be rid of the horrible allergy attack. And then on Sunday my DH couldn't be motivated for the life of him and so we were an hour late to dinner, i.e. missing dinner completely. And then we were drinking and talking and having fun and a migraine kicked in. Luckily my fellow friend had some meds I could take. But they only took the edge off and the alcohol didn't help any either. But I tried to battle it out and stayed there. DH left at 1730 to work so I would have to walk home with the kids in the snow. Nice, huh? well shortly after the couple with the baby left becuz he got cranky and instantly 4 people lit up in the house! AHHHH allergy central right here! Even all my meds didn't help. I finally left at 1930 with the girls and we walked home during the snow break. we got home in time just as the snow storm worsened. And my allergies continued until this morning and I have had a 3 day headache on top of it all. I thought it was becuz of my allergies, you sinus headaches? I hope I'm not getting sick.

Well, this weeks stitching as you can tell will be filled with w/e excites me at the time. Hopefully I'll be back on schedule next week. I'll try and comment on blogs tomorrow, I have a weeks worth to go through!

4 comments on "Lots of Pictures"

Lillie on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:52:00 PM said...

Oh Heidi! I hoped you've recovered from the migraine attack. All your finishes are lovely, loved that cute froggy altoid.

Take care!

Karin on Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:00:00 AM said...

Hope you feel better soon! I love the froggy fabric that you found, and you did a great job with your presents.

Dani - tkdchick on Saturday, March 29, 2008 9:19:00 AM said...

Heidi you've done some lovely stitching despite your migraine! I hope its gone now! I'm a sufferer too so I understand!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better! That froggie tin is way too cute :)

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez