Friday, February 01, 2008

Altoid Tin finish




Joy Abounds by Lynne Herzberg
The Gift Of Stitching Magazine November 2006
Started: January 24, 2008
Finished: January 25, 2008
stitched using 32 count white Opalescent Linen
Red Heart Plum Pudding Yarn used on base
Okay since destiny is now 6 years old. She has had a serious interest in stitching and is doing a great job with her x's so I decided its time to make her, her own little tin to hold her needles and scissors. She picked out this design herself and i stitched it for her and put this together. I was going to do a blue and brown theme for her but she then decided she wanted the base covered in pink and purple so I stitched it up using some leftover yarn since I don't have any ribbon. It looks really odd to me but she loves it so I guess its alright.
I am now working on my Round 5 Fair and Square exchange which I hope to complete over the weekend. I am also mailing out all my late PIF gifts in a few weeks before I go to the Klinikum for my leg surgery. Its just to remove all the metal from my leg from when i broke my leg in 3 places. Theres a long rod, a plate and 13 screws getting removed. I opted to be completely knocked out for this since I had a bad experience before with a spinal. I go in Friday 15th at 0700 and on Monday 18th they should release me. DH is having a 4 day weekend that weekend so he can be home with the girls. And yes I am going to take some stitching with me so I can stitch for 3 days straight!
Have a Great Weekend!

5 comments on "Altoid Tin finish"

Sharon on Saturday, February 02, 2008 7:52:00 AM said...

What a cute tin! It's wonderful your daughter is taking such a interest in stitching and that you can share that with her. I wish you the best for your surgery and speedy healing! Take care.

stitcherw on Saturday, February 02, 2008 7:49:00 PM said...

Very cute tin, she must be thrilled with having it be just hers. Good luck with the metal removal. I hope it goes smoothly for you. I'll look forward to seeing what all stitching you get done.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I hope your surgery goes well and recovery time is short!

I LOVE the little tin you made for your daughter; it's so neat that she is taking an interest in stitching :)

Lillie on Monday, February 04, 2008 9:03:00 PM said...

CUte design on the altoids. I wished you a speedy recovery and am glad everything worked out on the homefront. Take care

Selina on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 3:17:00 AM said...

it's lovely :) Congrats on the great finish :)

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez