Friday, October 16, 2009

Curtains, bowls and an adventure at the post office


NON STITCHING NEWS:

DH got to re up in Romania! I'm so proud of him! And Fort Carson is in his contract! WooHoo!! Congrats babe!

STITCHING NEWS
Here are the curtains I made for my darling nephew Poe's room. I stayed up till midnight on the 14th to get them completed for mailing on the 15th. They are Precious Moments and if you recall they match the quilt I made him, in fact this is the same fabric that was used for the back of his quilt. I just had to order more. If you don't remember the post I am talking about then click here
And these two little things are small Halloween bowls. I actually used a free pattern for a bag and just went up to Row 9 before stopping. I may fill them with candy....any ideas? They are sitting on my coffee table right now. Free pattern is here
And here are my squares for Fair and Square Round 15 from Peg! They will make a great addition to my friendship quilt. To see the post of my quilt click here. I don't think they have my fabric anymore either so I will just use what I can for now and leave it smaller than planned if I can't get more from Joann's.

So I went to the post office on the 15th with the intent of mailing off 4 packages, one to Lynnette filled with baby things, a few gifts for family sent to my mom, my fall F&S exchange to Jeanie C in Singapore, AND my very first MA to Dawn. So I go to the guy I know and my husband and him are friends and he sees my MA and is like

him: "this is so nice! Are you sure you don't want to put it into an envelope?"
Me: Nope please put actual stamps on it and all
him: you want me to stamp on your fabric? what is this? hemp?
Me: no its linen and yes stamp on it
him: hey (guys name next to him) look at this! Isn't it nice?
Guy: Yea that's nice! Did you make that?
Me: Yes I did (beaming with pride)
Guy: is that knitting or what is it
Me: (looking at him like he's crazy) No its cross stitch
Guy: oh OK (then precedes to ask me about myself blah blah blah)
him: I'm not sure if I can mail it like this, let me check with my manager (checks & yes he can)
Me: (Rolls eyes) You can mail it this way. People do it all the time
OK so the stamps are on there, are you sure you don't want to put it into something else? I worry it will get dirty
Me: No please just mail it like it is
him: OK ready (he positions the black time date stamp over the proper place and gives me an are you sure look and when I give him a blank stare he stamps it) I have to put tape over this to ensure they stay, OK?
Me: OK that's fine.

Then I was able to pay. I left kind of laughing at how many postal workers/stitchers have gone through this same conversation. If you made it this far, congrats to you and thanks for reading through my post!

4 comments on "Curtains, bowls and an adventure at the post office"

Daffycat on Friday, October 16, 2009 3:03:00 PM said...

Congratulations to DH. Please tell him I said THANK YOU.

Love the mail art story! I have never sent a mail art but I know of several stitchers items that were refused to be sent "naked."

staci on Saturday, October 17, 2009 6:49:00 AM said...

Congrats to your hubby! Let me know when you get to Ft Carson...I'm only a couple hours away :)

CindyMae on Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:35:00 PM said...

Congrats to your hubby!!! Love the curtains, they are so cute. Those little Halloween bowls are just darling. Love the square too!! Love the story about the post office, that is just too funny!

stitcherw on Sunday, October 18, 2009 4:20:00 PM said...

Congrats to your DH. Love the bowls you made, how fun to put out for Halloween treats. The curtains and your squares look great too. How funny on trying to mail your MA, the postal service must really wonder about some of the items they handle. Glad they did process it for you. Sorry to hear that Batista started to develop some issues, but it sounds like his new home will be a better fit for everyone. Nice start on your Christmas Elf, I have this in my stash too.
Sue

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez