Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Christmas Eve Ornament


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Christmas Eve by Elizabeth's Designs
Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments 10th Anniversary Collection
9 in x 8 in
DMC floss and Mill Hill antique beads
32 ct Belfast Opalescent Linen
I changed up the colors listed for this ornament and there are also two glass treasures used which I didn't have so I left out. Luckily I had the correct colored beads. You just can't see the lines of snow under the tree.
Today we got our list of partners and there address for Round 4 of the F&S exchange and even though they aren't due to mail out until Jan 5th, 2008 I am thinking I will stop making ornaments and get Vicki's squares done and mailed before the holiday rush.
I had such a scare today. I awoke to find that Ruby was missing. She wasn't in the house and the only person that came in and out that morning was my DH so of course I'm worried about her and really upset that my DH has now managed to lose both our cats in less than 1 year. Otis is gone forever and so I don't want to lose Ruby but she is in heat right now and tries to get out every chance she gets but she is terrified of our basement and that seems to be where she always goes. So after I got Destiny off to school, I took Kiley's hand and we set off down to the basement to search for her. But it turns out there are moving men on the other end of the basement so all the doors were open. She had left the building. I looked around outside and couldn't find her.
I picked up Destiny early for for her monthly nutrionist appointment and all went fine there but on the walk home I had to explain to Destiny that our little kitten was gone. I felt terrible! She burst into tears and cried most of the way home. After we got into the house and she put her back pack away I told her lets go outside and look one more time. But we saw nothing outside and its freezing so i figured she would go somewhere warm. I saw the door open across the street so I went into there and pulled open the basement door and went down the steps with both girls trailing me. I called out Ruby's name and she came running to me! I was so thrilled and so were the girls! We brought her home with a little bit of a fight because the truck driving by scared her so she tried to run. But she is happy to be home, shes rubbing up on the carpet and against the kids eager to be petted. I'm glad she comes to me when I call her, that helped so much. I'm still waiting for the vet to call me with an appointment to get her fixed. Theres a waiting list. We also plan to get her chipped while they have her knocked out so if she gets out anyone who finds her can return her. I do have her rabies tag on her and thats how she was returned last time. We only seem to have problems when she goes into heat so hopefully she'll get an appointment soon. I hope she didn't locate a male cat, we don't need babies.

3 comments on "Christmas Eve Ornament"

Marie on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:08:00 PM said...

Your ornament is gorgeous! I only wish that I had more free time, there are so many ornaments that I want to make.
I am so glad that you found your cat. It is a terrible feeling when a pet gets lost. I lost my little Yorkie for a short time and was FRANTIC! Thank God I found her.

stitcherw on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:21:00 PM said...

I'm so glad that you found Ruby, it is a horrible feeling when you can't find them. Hopefully once she's fixed she doesn't try and sneak out anymore.

Your ornament turned out lovely, what a pretty finish. Your Britty Kitty and Penguin ornaments look wonderful as well, and your Halloween Fairy turned out gorgeous. Congratulations on all your wonderful finishes recently.
Sue

Dani - tkdchick on Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:19:00 PM said...

Awwww what a horrid day I'm glad you found her, my heart would be borken if I lost one of my boys!!!!

The ornie looks lovely.

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez