Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bday gift from Dawn And Selina And some Crocheting


Sorry its taking me so long to post this. I received Dawns wonderful gift on Wednesday. Unfortunately thats also the day our computer completely crashed. It said windows was no longer there and so we had to completely re install windows and am now working on re installing everything else. Dh finally reinstalled the camera software last night but I was too tired to post anything. Okay enough yapping heres her wonderful gift:
The orange and brown thing is a bobbin potholder, its so cute! I want another, lol. And do you see the adorable needleminder? It has my initials on it and its my favorite color, purple! And she included 2 adorable kits. And she cross stitched that cute Happy birthday fold. Thank you Dawn!


I also received a generous gift certificate from Selina to linabear and so I ordered three biscournu patterns:

Autumn Flowers

Bellflowers

Shared Love

Thanks again Selina!

And in the meantime my cross stitching has slowed a bit. I'm not working on anything though it all nags at me to stitch something. Instead I have been crocheting these sweaters for my girls in Red Hearts Plum pudding. I know its still summertime. But I plan to give the sweaters to my DD's in November for their birthdays. One is on the 14th and the other is the 24th on Thanksgiving. I wasn't sure how long they were going to take so I wanted to start now. Their going pretty fast though. I started on Destiny's first and I already have the front and back done and am working on sleeve #1. Heres a preview from a few nights ago. I'll try and take another picture tonight. And Hopefully I will have some stitching to show you too soon since I have a charity square due Oct 1st and I haven't even started it yet! Yikes!

Heres a close up of the squares. The front and back are made entirally of little 2 inch squares. I had to make something like 72 squares for Destinys sweater. And heres what pattern I am doing so you know what they will look like when finished:



This is from Hooked on Crochet magazine August 2005 in case anyone wanted to know.

6 comments on "Bday gift from Dawn And Selina And some Crocheting"

Dawn B. on Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:31:00 AM said...

Glad it arived safetly and you liked everything. The sweters will be cute when done.Like the patterns

Lillie on Friday, August 24, 2007 2:36:00 AM said...

Wonderful gift , enjoy.
Lovely design for a sweater..loved the hooded part and your choice of yarn..simply lovely.Am sure your DD gonna loved it too.

Cheryl on Friday, August 24, 2007 6:08:00 AM said...

Great gifts from Dawn. I also got a gift certificate from Selina!
Did you ever get my postcard? I sent it a few weeks ago

Nancy in IL on Friday, August 24, 2007 9:57:00 PM said...

Wow, Heidi! It's been a long time since I've paid a visit to your blog, and you never cease to amaze me at all you get done! Loving all your latest finishes, and a happy belated birthday to you! You really received some lovely gifts - yummm! Thanks for a delightful visit!

stitcherw on Sunday, August 26, 2007 3:52:00 PM said...

Wonderful gifts, and the patterns you ordered will be lovely done up. The sweaters look like they will be very cute finished, fun colors.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Sorry your having computer problems again. It is no fun. What pretty sweaters your are stitching for your daughters. Have fun with all your stitchy gifts and I love biscornus they are so much fun to stitch.

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez