Friday, February 09, 2007

Pay It forward and stitching update


Pay it Forward:

It's simple as this: The first five people to respond to this post (via the comments section) will get some form of "art" made by me. Please post that you want in on this and then email me at Poohcorner1114 @ yahoo dot com with your name and snail mail. Also please put in the subject line Pay it forward so I don't think its spam and delete it. Think of it as something to look forward to getting in the mail. It will be original, made by me, but it may not be immediate, as I haven't made them yet. I am not sure what it will be.There is a catch, of course, the way this works is that if you sign up, you have to blog this as well and continue sharing.

Okay now stitching:



This little guy is going to my mom as she loves owls and collects them.



And those of you who have been following my blog should recognize this cat sampler. I had finished it but not made it into something and since I liked how the owls came out I did the same thing with this one. I think I will send it to my older sister as she is a cat lover. :o)





And this one I had accomplished him a few years back but never made him into something and when I saw this material I loved it for this so tada! Kiley has already claimed him as hers, lol :o)


And my final picture is a biscournu I started but i screwed up and made the outside first before making the design and as I hate frogging I left and just improvised on the inner border so now it looks retarded. I'll probably just do the back and put it into my basket of smalls and no one will ever get it or see it, lol.

EDIT:

Thank you all for the wonderful comments, I feel a little better about my biscournu. :o)

xstitch.nl The cat Sampler is by Helga Mandl designs and was in The Gift of stitching magazine issue 12. Theres a link in the right hand side of my blog that will take you to the magazine. :o)

19 comments on "Pay It forward and stitching update"

CindyMae on Friday, February 09, 2007 6:42:00 AM said...

I will be the first to sign up to recieve a PIF gift from you! You can get my info from our Blogging Stitchers group!! ;)

CindyMae on Friday, February 09, 2007 6:44:00 AM said...

Oh by the way, I love your stitching. Everything is so very cute and you hvae done wonderful work! The finishes are awesome!! Great job!

Also, I have already posted and done the pay it forward on my blog . . . so I am ahead LOL

Barbara J on Friday, February 09, 2007 6:51:00 AM said...

Great stitching! Those critters are lovely. Seems to me all your stitching today is either an owl, a cat, a bear and couple of butterlies! :)

Jenn on Friday, February 09, 2007 7:35:00 AM said...

All your finishes look great! I'd love to be part of your pay it forward. I'm e-mailing you about it now.

BeckySC on Friday, February 09, 2007 8:18:00 AM said...

Congratulations on your finishes :)

Margaret on Friday, February 09, 2007 9:40:00 AM said...

Great finishes Heidi.
Sorry I can't sign up for your pay it forward but there are five very lucky people out there.
Wow - what an amazing stash you have ordered. I immediately fell in love with your little chair and went on to the web-site to check it out. Would you believe I thought (hoped) you would be buying it as is. I don't think I will attempt making it but I'm sure looking forward to seeing your's.
Have a great weekend.
Margaret

Cheryl on Friday, February 09, 2007 12:39:00 PM said...

Hi Heidi!! I'd love to be part of your pay it forward! Will send you an email. It'll probably take me years (slight exaggeration) to make 5 things for others but it's a challenge! Love your finishes!

stitcherw on Friday, February 09, 2007 5:30:00 PM said...

Very pretty finishes. I especially like the little owls, they turned out adorable.
Sue

Barb on Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:17:00 PM said...

Your finishes are so cute. I love that Winnie the Pooh. Great job on them.

Leeny on Saturday, February 10, 2007 6:52:00 PM said...

Very very cute, my favourite is the cat sampler, even though I'm more of a dog lover! I'm sure your mom and sister will love their gifts, and of course, we know Kiley loves that Pooh cushion! Great work :)

eileen

Vonna Pfeiffer on Sunday, February 11, 2007 3:08:00 AM said...

Wow, you've been on a "finishing spree"! I love them all :)
I don't think your biscornu looks retarded, but the word retarded made me LOL, my friends and I used that word for everything when I was younger...brought back good memories :)

Dawn B. on Sunday, February 11, 2007 5:31:00 AM said...

I love all the finishes but I have to say the Cat one is my favorite.
Your Biscornu does not look retarded at all.

Leeland on Monday, February 12, 2007 1:55:00 AM said...

Nice finishes, Heidi! They look great! The cat sampler's on my to-do list: it's too cute!
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy... LOL
Love the owl, it's an all time favourite of mine.
Who's the cat sampler from, though, I don't think I have seen it before. It's so sweet! And don't worry, you're biscornu will look great finished!!

Nancy in IL on Monday, February 12, 2007 10:34:00 AM said...

Heidi, your blog is springy and looks so nice. We're expecting a big snow storm here in Illinois USA today, and I'm loving it! I see you also like snow. I'm enjoying looking at all your smalls and reading about all your stash buys. Congratulations - very happy for you! Nothing like a stash haul to sweeten life. I love the owl ornament. I did that one for an exchange and liked it so well, I've thought of doing one for myself, but alas.... too many other things calling louder, LOL!

Sharon on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 3:37:00 PM said...

Heidi, what great stitching and finishes. Love them.

Lelia on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:20:00 AM said...

Goodness ... that is a lot of stitching!!!

How awesome : )

The Silver Thistle on Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:48:00 AM said...

Hi, got your email about my pif, you got the last one :)

Will let you know as soon as your surprise is on it's way.

I counted 4 for your pif, does that mean there's still one up for grabs?

If there is..........me please :)

Unknown on Thursday, February 22, 2007 7:17:00 AM said...

Silver thistle your number four, I still have one spot open so whoever wants it, email me your snail mail and put PIF in the subject line. :o)

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez