Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First finish of 2007


Okay so today hasn't really been the greatest of days. We were late getting up to go to Wurzburg hospital for Destiny's ear appointment. She had faild her hearing test at school so they were going to do a brain wave test to see if she just was being stubborn and not answering. Anyway, So I send my DH to get her medical records from the clinic since the Dr in Wurzburg needed them and then I would get myself and the kids ready and we could leave at 09:15 though her appt was at 10:00 I know it takes my DH 1 hour to drive there though he swore up and down he could et there in half an hour. I was like don't think so buddy. Anyway so he takes his sweet time getting ready and getting her records so we leave at 09:30 and guess what? He drives so fast that I become sick to my stomach and poor Kiley throws up in the car all over her jacket, clothes, shoes, and car seat. Well, us not having any change of clothes and running late as it was, pulled over, stripped her down and I wrapped her up in my jacket. DH pulled the cover off the car seat and put it in the trunk with her clothes and shoes. Now imagine this in 50 degree weather with an already sick child. Fun huh? So we're like ok after Destiny's appointment we will go to the PX and buy her a new outfit and some socks. Well, did anyone know Wurzburg has like 6 hospitals? What the hell does one city need so many hospitals for??? This Dr had just told me the hospital, that was it and I didn't take his number with me. But we stop at the Kinder Klinickum and ask there, they call the University hospital and find thats it. So the lady gives us directions there even though we already are 1 hour late, thats right its 11:00 by now. So we go anyway and find 3 different buildings all saying University Klinikum, by now my DH is frustrated and pissed and refuses to check any of them out so he leaves! I told him he gets to call back and make a new appointment and can ask which building to go to. So then we leave and go to the PX and get Kiley some clothes and socks cause the poor things legs were like ice by now since I had to take her out of the car so many times. Then Destiny started complaining she was hungry but the DH wanted to look around first so he took an hour doing that while I developed a migraine listening to Destiny going I'm hungry every minute of the way. Even when we finally left and got her some food every word out of her mouth made me want to pull my hair out but daddy promised her she could go play at the play area if she ate all her lunch and she did. Can you imagine my stress levels by now? Finally after that i think ok as he promised we are going to stop in Sweinfurt and pick up some white DMC floss as you all have noticed I need. ( I did manage to get one skein last week) But nope he was like we will go on Saturday. I had to bite my tongue to keep from smacking him while he was driving. We came home after that and the girls slept on the drive home which gave me the quiet I needed to calm down and some of my migraine went away. Good news is though I was abl to find Red Yarn at the Wurzburg PX that I need to make a gift for a friends son's birthday this month.


Okay stitchy news, I used the white I got and covered in some of the areas until i was sick of doing just white so heres a pic of it so far:




So like I said I got sick of the white and needed a distraction so I completed my first project of 2007 Its called Cat sampler by Helga Mandl Designs and was in my gift of stitching magazine for this month. Its also my very first sampler too. Saturday I am going to buy some matching fabric and turn it into a hanger thingy I think. So I will post a pic of it then too so you can see how I finished it. The picture I took is a bit crooked though, sorry.


8 comments on "First finish of 2007"

Nancy in IL on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:04:00 PM said...

Wow, Heidi! Chinese Goddess of Mercy is one of those long-term projects of which I have several hidden, LOL! But I'm LOVING your fist project finish of 2007. I love any chart with kitties! Great job! Nice blog too! I enjoyed my visit!

Carol on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 1:01:00 PM said...

I love your finish! Congratulations!!

Leeland on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 2:02:00 PM said...

I'm so itchy to stitch this cutie too!
Your Goddess of Mercy is coming along nicely.
As for the awful time you all had looking for the right hospital with sick kids and all: there are days when you know, from the very moment you have opened one eye, that you shouldn't get up. That was one. I'm so sorry for you!
I hope your DD gets her brain test soon, and that it turns out fine.
Take care, Heidi!

Kalu V on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:22:00 PM said...

looks like today was finish a kitty day, but yours is soo much cuter lol. and white yes stitching so much white sucks! I've been whining about that for a while lol
Sorry to hear your babies got sick hope they're feeling better

Jamie on Friday, January 05, 2007 9:26:00 AM said...

Just stumbled across your blog while looking at a friend's blog. I love your first finish of 2007! Hope the kiddos are feeling better.

Lelia on Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:08:00 AM said...

What a cute cat sampler -- and the red elephant is very nice!

Sorry to read about your appointment nightmare. Gesh. Hope you can get rescheduled & the person provides you better directions.

Dani - tkdchick on Monday, January 08, 2007 1:16:00 PM said...

The cat sampler is really cute!

Lucy on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:50:00 PM said...

Hi Heidi...found you on comments on another blog. Love the Cat Sampler....I liked it right away when I saw it in this month's mag. I'd like to do that one myself. Come on over and visit my blog. I'll check with you againi.

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez