Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our new family addition



Our new kitty. With us coming here, the girls were excited to get a new kitty especially after spending 3 weeks playing with about 5 cats at our families houses. So my older sister Lynnette and I went out to spend a girls day one day and thought we would stop and have a look around the local no kill shelter. When we walked in the cat side I saw this huge Maine Coon that I just fell in love with! We had a visit with him and learned he was a huge lush and was getting over a cold. Turns out this guy was found wandering the streets, guess he got out from his family and no one came to claim him or put posters out or anything so after 3 months he was put up for adoption, lucky me! His name is Manzo, anyone know if this means anything? It was the name he had on his collar when he was picked up. Anyway I called and sent pictures to my DH and he said yes. My sister said she would keep him at her house until we can bring him into our home. Good thing he gets along with her cat and her pit-bull mix. The girls and DH came to my sisters to see him and get acquainted. He still has his front claws but doesn't use them at all with the kids or us and loves to have his belly rubbed. So cute! We only had one accident though. He hisses and scratches at the dog if she gets near him when he is getting attention from someone. My sisters boyfriend was watching the girls for us while we ran to Verizon and Kiley was petting Manzo when the pit got near him and in the "fight" Kiley got in the way and had a few scratches on her face and a huge black eye. But she is fine now and all healed up, it took about a week to heal up. 

We went to Cracker Barrel on the way here. My mom swears by their food. So we stopped for lunch on the 9th and had a 45 minute wait so we wandered around their gift shop till we were called. Such cute things they have! Have you seen this years Easter train set? I love it! It reminds me of Peter Rabbit. Destiny got to have a diet root beer in a frosty mug, it sure looked good and her smiles were proof that it was! We played some little peg game on a triangular board till our food came.  Sorry no pics of the food, we were all quite hungry when it arrived. The food was soooo good! Though the coffee sucked big time but that was the only downfall there. I loved everything else. 
















2 comments on "Our new family addition"

Annie Bee on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:23:00 PM said...

Beautiful cat a lovely addition.

Tama on Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:46:00 AM said...

Maybe 'Manzo' is short for 'Almanzo'? Like Almanzo Wilder in the 'Little House' books and shows?

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez