Sunday, March 04, 2007

Stitchy stuff, Otis, DH


Okay first I got a new kitty! His name is Otis, yes he had a brother named Milo too. But Milo was adopted by a neighbor. So we drove 2 hours to a little town outside of Stuttgart, and collected him and a few toys and home we went, you would think 2 hours back right? Wrong! There was a road block from all the rain some deisel on the autoban smacked someone so we diverted to back roads which takes us normally 3 hours home well, 20 minutes from home another road block! We couldn't see what it was but there were tons of ambulances and police so we diverted again finally making it home. It took us 4 hours to get home. My wonderful DH drove all this after getting off of a 24 hour shift and only getting to sleep about 2 hours before we left to go get Otis. I was feeding him candy and caffiene the whole time and we had on some upbeat music. I fed my DH not Otis. Anyway here's a pic of him when we got home:


He looks exactly like my moms cat Jewel except she's fat and overweight.

And heres what I managed to get xs'd while I waited to leave but then got a migraine so I couldn't stitch while we drove there, it was gone when we left from getting Otis but then he sat in my lap the whole way home so still no stitching! But I'll complete this today. Its the second part of the TOL sampler:

And lastly, my DH got new pics done so I had to show him off:




16 comments on "Stitchy stuff, Otis, DH"

Dawn B. on Sunday, March 04, 2007 5:59:00 AM said...

sent you an email

Vonna Pfeiffer on Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:30:00 AM said...

Oh, your kitty is precious! I had a cat that looked just like him when I was a little girl..his name was Tiger *original, I know*! LOL!
Anyway, glad you got home safe even though you had a time getting there. DH is handsome and now I see from your DD's piccies from the snow play that they resemble him quite a lot, don't they!

Jenn on Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:55:00 AM said...

what a cute kitty! your DH looks very handsome in his picture.

Carol on Sunday, March 04, 2007 9:19:00 AM said...

Congratulations on your new kitty - he looks beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute cat you have now! Your husband looks great in his uniform you must be so proud!

Barb on Sunday, March 04, 2007 2:43:00 PM said...

Otis is so cute. He looks just like a cat I use to have. Buffy had beautiful markings. Your WIP is coming along nicely too. Your husband looks good in uniform.

stitcherw on Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:00:00 PM said...

Nice pictures of both your hubby and Otis. Sorry the drive back was so troublesome, your husband must have been just exhausted by the time you got home. Hope the rest of your week goes smoother.
Sue

Leeny on Monday, March 05, 2007 2:02:00 AM said...

Heidi, thanks for dropping by my blog! :) And awwww... the new kitty looks too cute, he looks very settled already!

eileen :)

Anonymous said...

See, you just have to post your husband picture to get a lot of comments !!! Maybe that's what I should do :)) lol The kitty is great !!! I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun !!!!

Sharon on Monday, March 05, 2007 11:47:00 PM said...

welcome Otis, he is too cute-reminds me of my Kojack. Very nice pic. of your DH.

Nancy in IL on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:47:00 AM said...

Ohhh, Heidi.... Otis is beautiful, I also have a female a lot like him. Her name is Caiti. I'm so glad you got him! You must be so proud of DH for the good man he is, driving through all that for you and Otis with little sleep. He's quite a handsome man, and the uniform makes me proud of him, and I don't even know him! God Bless America and our troops!

Jamie on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:11:00 PM said...

I love the kitty! Great photo of DH! PS: i put up my PIF!

Anonymous said...

Otis is such a cutie - congrats on your new furbaby!! :D

The Silver Thistle on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:16:00 AM said...

I'm loving Otis! He looks like quite a character!

What a smart man in uniform you have there. He sounds a sweetie.

Meari on Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:30:00 AM said...

Otis looks just like a cat I had when I was a kid! :D

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:21:00 PM said...

Otis is adorable, Heidi... and he looks so *at home* already! And your DH is quite the handsome lad in his uniform... and he's such a Sweatheart as well... I know he must have been exhausted!

Love those colours on that sampler you're stitching... Which one is it? :-)

{{{Hugs}}}

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez