Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Miribilia Easter Fairy


Thank you everyone who commented on my DH and Otis. I appreciate it. I didn't post his photo for more comments. I'm proud of him that's why its posted.


On another great note: My new tower came in on Monday and the DH connected it right away, we got the new Windows called Windows Vista. I really like it much better than the Windows XP Home Edition we had on the old tower.


On the stitchy front: I knw I said I planned to do the chair first but I have to wait until the 15th to order the floss and fabric so by the end of March I should be able to start it. So instead Monday night I started Miribilia's Easter fairy. I couldn't help it, she was calling to me to stitch her so I caved can you blame me?


And here's my first WIP picture. Its going so fast and I am really enjoying stitching this one. :o)

Sorry for the bad picture, the lighting is not so great in here, perhaps this afternoon I can go out onto the balcony and snap a better photo.

Stitchy question: For anyone that has added beads onto their xs projects, how do you determine what color to use to add them on? I am not sure what floss color I am suppose to add these beads. They look clear with silver.

Also the paper that came with it said there were 6 limited edition fairies, what are all they? I only can think of Easter, Christmas, Halloween, and perhaps New Years? Though I think New Years might be #7.

7 comments on "Miribilia Easter Fairy"

Jenn on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:37:00 AM said...

When I added my beads to this piece. I added them in the color of what they were around...so if a bead was on her dress I'd use yellow floss. Or if it was out around her I'd use white or something that would blend closely with the fabric around it. Hope this helps.

You got a lot done on Monday! :)

Carol on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:59:00 AM said...

Congratulations on your new computer! I love your fairy start. I usually use either invisible thread or a color that is close to the fabric color when attaching beads...

Anonymous said...

The Mirabilia limited edition fairies so far are Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentine's, and New Year's Eve. I wonder what the sixth will be?

Vonna Pfeiffer on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 10:34:00 AM said...

You have every right to be proud of your husband!

Your new start it great! That's some fast stitching :)

CindyMae on Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:38:00 AM said...

Your start is looking awesome!! I can not wait to see more!! I can not help with the beads question as I have never done it!

stitcherw on Thursday, March 08, 2007 7:09:00 PM said...

Looks like you got a good start on her, she is going to be lovely.
Sue

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:25:00 PM said...

OH, your Easter Fairy is going to be lovely, Heidi! I love those colours! :-) You've made a great start on her!

As for the bead question... I usually do the same thing as Carol said in her comment... :-)

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez