Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trips and surprises!


I havdn't realized it has been that long since my last post. So Sorry everyone! Just working on some PIF gifts and still thinking about what I am going to stitch for my monochromatic exchange.
This past Saturday I went on this very long one day trip to Weinfurtner Das Glasdorf, its a glass making place near the Czech border. I had high hopes for it since we were suppose to get to see them making the glass. It was only suppose to be a three hour drive there and it turned out to be four hours since the driver got lost. We spent hours there looking around but never saw anyone actually making anything. What a dissapointment! The landscape was pretty though. It was a four hour drive home too. I went with a group of people and the DH stayed home with the girls.

Here's as you walk into the place.

This is an actual fountain with running water down the sides.


And upon my arrival Saturday night, the bus got back on base at 930 pm. My DH and DD's gladly welcome me back and I explain to him while we were late. Turns out the guy at the CAC place that coordinates the trips had no clue there was a trip or even how to get in touch with the driver so my DH was worried the entire time we were late. We were suppose to be back at 8 pm. Anyway my DD's tell me there is a surprise for me at home so what do I see when I walk into the door, this darling 5 month old little kitten, so everyone meet Ruby:
Please ignore the stack of sirty dishes. As you can see my DH doesn't do dishes so after being gone for 14 hours, I had a dirty kitchen to clean. Anyway, Ruby has taken to the kids very well, she plays chase with them and even punces on them like there just huge kittens, lol.
I'll try and post a stitchy update tomorrow. :)

8 comments on "Trips and surprises!"

Valerie on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:45:00 AM said...

Looks like you had a nice getaway! Ruby is adorable! What a sweet addition to the family.

Sharon on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 2:41:00 PM said...

What an adorable kitty!

Mylene on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:24:00 PM said...

Great pictures with your outing and what a wonderful kitty! Enjoy.

Dawn B. on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:00:00 PM said...

Great place you got to visit.
What a cute kitty.. Hubby loves you.

stitcherw on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:49:00 PM said...

Looks like you had pretty scenery to see, but it is to bad they weren't making anything. That's an awful long drive not to see them making the glass. Ruby looks like a doll, enjoy your new baby.
Sue

Jenn on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 7:04:00 PM said...

Looks liek you had a great time. What wonderful pieces! Ruby is a cutie. Have fun with her. :)

Lillie on Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:01:00 AM said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Ruby is so cute and a darling.

Chiloe on Friday, July 27, 2007 6:49:00 AM said...

Too bad you didn't see what you were supposed to ... It is nice to have a kitty . I wish we could have one but in a small appartment, it will be too much ! I am impatient to see your new project!!!

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez