Monday, February 08, 2010

MLOTS and 2 cars


This is what she looked like about a week ago. But I haven't felt like blogging or stitching much since. I stitched her skin colors and am hating the way her face looks, I know it will look better as I complete it and can get the back stitching in.  I finally sat down and order the beads I need for her and my missing color and had them sent to my moms so hopefully they will be in by the time we go there valentines weekend.

NON-STITCHY NEWS:

DH flew to Los Angelas California on Friday morning so he could pick up our car at the port. It's a 21 1/2 hour drive from there to here. So he was going to do it in 2 days but we had car issues the entire time. The battery died on the trip here though it was a brand new battery! One of our belts was missing plus now the alternator is going out. I'm so irritated because I know the car was fine when we dropped it off in Germany but ok fine we will fix everything.

The day before he flew out we picked up the 1998 pontiac firebird from my mom. She sold it to us as she needs to buy a 4 x 4 vehicle because of all the snow there. The firebird is very low to the ground and so more than a few inches on the roads and well your snowed in. It was my dad's midlife crisis and he bought it in 1998 and they no longer make these cars plus its in near mint condition. I hadn't been in this car since before my dad had passed so it was strange and a bit depressing being in this car for our 3 hour drive home that night. It still feels weird being in that car without him. DH fell in love the first day he saw it so when my mom was forced to sell it I couldn't exactly tell DH no. And I know its just a car but my dad LOVED this car so for it to have been sold to a stranger would have been like losing a huge piece of him.

3 comments on "MLOTS and 2 cars"

Annie Bee on Monday, February 08, 2010 9:54:00 PM said...

She's looking beautiful.

Lucy on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:46:00 PM said...

I think that lady of the snow is going to turn our beautiful.

Terri on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:35:00 PM said...

Great stitching. Sorry about the car troubles

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez