Monday, November 06, 2006

Chinese Goddess of Mercy




Well, I finally got to work on this without a migraine and so here is what I got done over the weekend. I'm excited that I got so much done. I included the pictre of the page that I am working on so you can kinda see where I am at. It's the right side of the goddess.

My hubby finally finished painting the livingroom too this weekend. He insisted on doing it alone and so I stitched while he painted and the girls played in their rooms. Now he has the diningroom left and finally my house will be completely painted at last! He is using a water based paint so it wipes up easily from the hardwood floors if he drips (he refuses to use a drop cloth) and there are next to no fumes!

I was in this cooking mood like crazy too this weekend. I baked cookies with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, coconut, and walnuts in them and made a double batch of those. These have always been a HUGE hit with my family every time I have made them so here is the recipe if anyone wants to make them:

Ingredients:
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips each white and dark
1 cup chopped nuts(optional)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°F.

2. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.

PAN RECIPE: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 375°F. 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; cut into bars. About 4 dozen bars.

HIGH ALTITUDE DIRECTIONS - Increase flour to 2-2/3 cups.- Decrease baking soda to 3/4 teaspoon.- Decrease granulated sugar to 2/3 cup.- Decrease packed light brown sugar to 2/3 cup.- Add 1/2 teaspoon water with flour.- Bake at 375°F, 5 to 7 minutes or until top is light golden with golden brown edges.

Enjoy!

I also made oven baked fried chicken for dinner saturday night and handmade coconut shrimp with an orange sauce for dinner last night. It was soooo good! And I hadn't had coconut shrimp in years so I just had to make some.

On the other side of things. Destiny has wednesday and thursday off for parent-teacher conferences and she has all day Friday off for whatever reason. So she gets a five day weekend and the hubby has Friday and Monday off for a four day weekend. The nice thing is the hubby is planning a trip to Rome for us that weekend. I have never been and one of our friends is going and is looking for some people to share the expense with. I can't wait!

10 comments on "Chinese Goddess of Mercy"

Dawn B. on Monday, November 06, 2006 5:40:00 AM said...

Them migrains are no fun I sypathize with you. I too get them.
Well you made me hungry & the WIP is looking good. I think the trip sounds just devine. I envy you getting to go to Rome..

CindyMae on Monday, November 06, 2006 10:36:00 AM said...

So glad that you had a chance to stitch without a migrane! You are making wonderful progess and I just can not wait to see more! Sounds like hubby is doing a good job getting the house painted. Those cookies look and sound so yummy, I will be trying those out for sure!! Rome, WOW, I wanna go! Hope you have a fantastic time!!!

Vonna Pfeiffer on Monday, November 06, 2006 1:57:00 PM said...

Heidi, you've done a boatload of work on that Chinese Goddess....WOW! You must have those famous turbo needles....isn't it nice when you know you are nearing the end of a home project....now you can sit back and enjoy the upcoming holidays in a decked out home!
:D

Lillie on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:38:00 PM said...

Heidi
Oh my!the Goddess gonna be a stunning piece. I've seen the completed piece. Had one of the Goddess chart by DMC too, its still among my stash. Looking forward to your progress.

Leeland on Thursday, November 09, 2006 7:13:00 AM said...

Fantastic progress on your Goddess! Well done, Heidi!

Margaret on Sunday, November 12, 2006 5:44:00 PM said...

Great progress on Chinese Goddess.
The cookies look & sound yummy!!
Margaret

Anonymous said...

YUM! I love chocolate chip cookies, thanks for sharing that recipe! I will definitely be giving it a go, hopefully they turn out as good as yours!

eileen :)

Sharon on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:07:00 AM said...

Heidi, hope you get rid of those migraines. The chocolate chip cookies look so yummy-thanks for the recipe. Keep up the great progress on your WIP

Lana on Monday, December 04, 2006 3:34:00 AM said...

Chinese Goddess is looking great! Hope the migraines stay far away!
~Lana~

Barb on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 6:05:00 AM said...

The piece is going to be beautiful. You are making good progress on it!

Translate

Current WIP's

Current WIP's
My Lady of the Snow

Chinesse Goddess of Mercy

My Awards

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anime I've Seen/Read

Inuyasha
One Piece
Samurai Shamploo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Deathnote
Code Geass
Fooly Cooly
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Fairy Tail
Tower of God
Bleach
Chobits
 

Crafting Time Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez